Prepaid SIM Users guide
"Each applicant can register for an unlimited number of SIM cards. SIM card allocation will be based on network capacity and technical capabilities for each province, however as per announcement of ICT Ministry, there will be a limitation of maximum 10 SIMs for each subscriber. It means that MCI is not able to activate more than 10 SIMs for each subscriber. Please consider this limitation."
Method of service delivery
In order to provide the best services to its customer, MCI delivers services to its subscribers via various channels:
- Communication service centers
To apply for the following services, prepaid subscribers may refer to communication services offices:
- SIM card registration
- Ownership transfer (changing the owner's name)
- Report Missing SIM and apply for a new SIM
- Change address
- Activate and deactivate special services
- prepaid SIM card balance enquiry
- Remove from black list
- Activate registered SIM cards
- Fixed telephone centers (Tehran and Karaj) and customer centers (other provinces)
Prepaid subscribers may refer to fixed telephone centers (Tehran and Karaj) and customer centers (other provinces) for the following services:
- Replace SIM cards, for all provinces
- Resolve problems of special services
- Receive security codes (PIN and PUK)
- Detect phone call harassment
- Prepaid SIM card balance enquiry
- Resolve SIM card problems
- Remove from the black list
- Communication service centers
MCI information center (9990) and IVR (444)
- Subscribers may contact 9990 call center for information about prepaid SIM services including prepaid SIM card services, subscribers guide, registration methods, ownership transfer procedure, prepaid SIM balance inquiry, removing from the black list, special services and related information, and legal issues.
- Subscribers may dial 444 via prepaid SIM cards to receive following services via IVR: top up their accounts, balance inquiry, change password, report missing SIM, change the language of IVR and change package.
What is a prepaid SIM card?
Prepaid SIM cards are those for which credit is purchased in advance of service use (including local or international calls), rather than paying a bill at the end of the month. Prepaid users can use various mechanisms to top up their credit. You can register for an unlimited number of SIM cards. SIM card allocation will be based on network capacity and technical capabilities for each province, however as per announcement of ICT Ministry, there will be a limitation of maximum 10 SIMs for each subscriber. It means that MCI is not able to activate more than 10 SIMs for each subscriber. Please consider this limitation
What are different types of prepaid SIM cards?
- Idle: default status of SIM card upon delivery
- Activated : upon making the first call or sending the first SMS by the subscriber, the SIM card will be activated and the subscriber can enjoy MCI services.
- Suspended : When the SIM card is no more credible, based on balance credit or time limit, it is suspended. It means that subscriber is only able to receive calls and SMS and cannot make a call or send an SMS. The subscriber needs to top up their account in 2 months. After account top up, if there is remaining balance credit from the previous activation period, it will be added to balance credit.
- Disabled : If the subscriber does not top up their credit during suspension period (2 months after suspension) the SIM card will be disabled. In this status (for 12 months) all services except emergency calls are inactive, but the number is kept for the subscriber. After recharging, remaining credit from the previous activation period will not be added to balance credit.
- Pool : if the subscriber dose not top up the credit during the disabled period (for 12 months) the mobile number and ownership are terminate
|SIM card status||Maximum deadline||Capabilities||Is it possible to transfer the remaining credit into the new condition after recharging the SIM card?|
|Idle||If the SIM card is not activated by the subscriber in 6 months, the line will be activated automatically||The SIM card cannot be used and has to be activated first.||-|
|Activated||Depends on type of charging (according to table number 3)||All services||Yes|
|Suspended||2 months||receiving calls and SMS||Yes|
|Disabled||12 months||only emergency calls||No|
Method of use:
Upon making the first call or sending the first SMS the SIM card will be activated and the subscriber is charged as per approved tariffs.
MCI prepaid subscribers can use MCI services in Iran and countries in which their mobile operators have a roaming agreement with MCI.