Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD)
USSD is one of the 2G products that allow rapid exchange of information between users and enterprises.
USSD is defined for use in two modes: commenting mode and serving mode (one way mode and interactive mode). In commenting mode, end users just state their opinion, for example participating in elections or surveys. In serving mode, a list of services or information is presented on subscriber’s display to choose one of them. After receiving subscriber’s desired option, relevant information is sent back to him/her, for example HAMBANK service.
Applications and Advantages:
- Offer rapid and easy communication method.
- Provide interactive interaction.
- Offer pricings proportional to the duration of use of the service (day and time or special occasion), the number of transmission of data and Calculate pricing, based on the type of services.
- Reduction in cost of access to the target market because of flexibility in determining the tariff for use of the service.
- Cost reduction and process performance improvement for the customer (some resources are freed from low value-added tasks).
- Increase in customer satisfaction due to faster access to information or requested services.